My Shower, My Sanctuary  

Posted by: Crystal in , , , ,

Alright, things have gotten waaay out of control!  I was doing some thinking last night (and yes, it hurt my brain) and realized that I hadn't showered for a day and a half.  Gross!  So this thought naturally led me to wonder where things got so out of control that I don't even shower everyday.  Have I seriously given up so much to raise my kids that even my showers are far and few between?  

If you're a SAHM, I'm sure (at least I'm hoping anyway) that I can't be alone in this.  I miss my private shower time!  My showers are the only place that I seem to be able to have one continuous thought from beginning to end.  Normally my train of thought gets derailed by a spilled glass of sticky something or a fragrant butt running around.  

It's so nice to be able to stand in there and just, even if it's for 15 minutes, be by myself.  I often find myself standing in there under the running water daydreaming.  You know those thoughts that we all have that always start with 'what if'?  Like what if I hadn't met my husband and had kids, what would I be doing?  What if I put the kids in daycare and went back to work?  What if I lost 100 lbs, do you think I could wash down the drain and make a clean break for it?

It's always somewhere around this point that reality slaps me in the face in the form of an empty hot water heater.  Darn it, do I really have to get out and hit the ground running again?  Oh well, at least I got my shower!

This entry was posted on Friday, September 25, 2009 and is filed under , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments

Post a Comment